I get declaration error - When I past it on the next line and comments out the old, the syntax wor

knutivar

I download and grab a .NET solution from Vault and open it on my local
computer.
It works fine - I can compile it - no problems.

But when I check it out and do a small changes in any classes. I got
many
strange syntax errors. Some variables are not declared exc. When I
copy and
past the declaration in to next line and comments out the old - that
actual variabel is ok, but there are still more variables not
declared, and I
must do the same stupid step for every one.

Does anybody have any Ide why this could happen ??
(I have just upgraded my Vault client...)

Thanks
(e-mail address removed)
knut ivar

Guest

Most likely you are introducing a single error to the code and picking up all
of the warnings. The best bet is to treat all warnings as errors and fix them
from the start. Most devs I know do not do this (perhaps no C++ experience?).
You can set the compiler to treat all warnings as errors, which will force
you to fix all of the warnings from the start. Then, you will focus only on
new errors introduced to your code rather than dealing with a whole string of
warnings when you have a single line.

If you don't wish to go this direction, flip back and forth between output
and your task lisk. In output, the actual errors appear towards the end,
while the errors are usually first on task pad. Find the items that are
actually errors and fix them. It is too bad you cannot filter out a lot of
the warnings in the IDE.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

bruce barker

the ide is sensitive to special (non-printable) chars in the input file.
usually just save the file, close VS and reopen will fix it. you could write
a small program that run thru a source file removing all special chars.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)