I get the error: ImportError: No module named ffnet

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cal Who, Mar 11, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I have the .py file in Eclipse
    #@PydevCodeAnalysisIgnore
    from ffnet import ffnet, mlgraph
    topology = mlgraph( (2, 3, 1) )
    nn = ffnet(topology)

    I select RunAs / Python Run

    I get the error
    from ffnet import ffnet, mlgraph
    ImportError: No module named ffnet

    In the folder Python26\lib\site-packages I see
    ffnet-0.6.2-py2.6.egg-info

    also a folder ffnet
    in that folder there is a folder Examples
    If I click one of the examples pyrhon.exe opens and runs it OK.

    Is there enough in the above for you to tell me how to procede?

    Thanks in advance for any help at all

    Cal Who, Mar 11, 2010

  2. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I ran this:
    import sys

    from pprint import pprint as pp

    pp(sys.path)

    The output included:

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26',

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26\\DLLs',

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26\\lib',

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26\\lib\\lib-tk',

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26\\lib\\plat-win',

    'E:\\Program Files\\Python26\\lib\\site-packages',

    Python is at

    E:\Python26

    but other things like java are at E:\Program Files

    Showhow it is looking in the wrong place and I don't know how to fix it.

    I checked the registry. The entries all look good there.

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Mar 11, 2010

  3. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I found out I had something installed wrong.

    Cal Who, Mar 11, 2010