I give up! What have I missed? (H. Scroll bar in IE)

Joe

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Joe

It's about time we had another Aussie from out in the sticks. ;-) Since
brucie left, we've been lacking in that department.

BTW: Is it just me, or is your X-Face broken?
crickey, I'm not in brucies class - actually, who is?
yeah, the x-face is borken; otoh, I often have trouble figuring out what
they are supposed to be. I didn't see the baby in yours until you told
everyone what it was.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Joe
yeah, the x-face is borken; otoh, I often have trouble figuring out what
they are supposed to be.

Cartoony type drawings tend to work best.
I didn't see the baby in yours until you told
everyone what it was.

Yeah, it's a bit grainy. Photos tend not to work too well. I need a new
one anyway - that picture is almost a year old.

dorayme

Joe said:
Certainly not true in my part of Australia. (Rural South Oz). If you
haven't tried it and you can get some, do yourself a favour ...

I had it in a curry once in an Viet/Thai restaurant. Nice... but
it could have been anything. I am meaning to have a steak of it.
I understand not too well done is best. I used to feed it to a
cat. A member of my family got an eye infection from handling it
and I am beginning to think it is more common a food in SA than
here in NSW. That's about it on roo meat for me.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
<[email protected]> declared in alt.html:

[kangaroo]
I had it in a curry once in an Viet/Thai restaurant. Nice... but
it could have been anything.

I am meaning to have a steak of it.
I understand not too well done is best.

Yes, it can get quite tough if overdone.
A member of my family got an eye infection from handling it

Is that because there's something special about kangaroo meat, or would
it be just as likely to happen with any other meat?
and I am beginning to think it is more common a food in SA than
here in NSW.

Perhaps. We have it occasionally, though I hadn't tried it until a few
years ago. Don't know about everyone else in NSW though.

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
[kangaroo]
A member of my family got an eye infection from handling it

Is that because there's something special about kangaroo meat, or would
it be just as likely to happen with any other meat?

Look, I am here on earth this year in the form of a simple
housewife. I get my info from the Woman's Day. The October issue
(1995) reported that a food-borne outbreak of toxoplasmosis
caused acute clinical illnesses in 12 humans and one case of
congenital chorio-retinitis (inflammation of the eye tissues) in
a new born baby. The mother of the affected baby together with
the 12 other people had attended a Christmas function at which
rare kangaroo medallions were served. A thorough epidemiological
investigation concluded that the most likely 'risk food' was the
kangaroo meat...

Actually, I think there are some parasitic, bacterial, fungal and
viral diseases that cluster about roo meat. One main risk is that
it is best for taste to eat it a bit on the raw side, but not the
best insurance against diseases.

There are some things that are a bit more particular to gamey
meats, but all (including the mildest of mild chicken) are risky
to handle. Washing one's hands is very important.

(No... no... not like Jack Nicholson, in As Good As It Gets. Just
plain sensible washing after handling meat.)

Neredbojias

crickey, I'm not in brucies class - actually, who is?
yeah, the x-face is borken; otoh, I often have trouble figuring out what
they are supposed to be. I didn't see the baby in yours until you told
everyone what it was.

Huh. I though it was a close up of a playing card.