I got an invite to be included in a directory

patrick j

Hi

I have a small role as a sort of web-master/caretaker type for a web-site
for a voluntary group.

Anyway I'm always interested in getting links into this site and out of the
blue I've got an invitation to have a link in from this directory:

<http://www.qumoz.com/>

There doesn't seem to be anything to worry about with this directory but
being of a suspicious mind I thought I'd just check here if it is a good
idea to go ahead and take up their offer.

They do want a link from our web-site to theirs which is no problem.

Andrew Heenan

patrick j said:
They do want a link from our web-site to theirs which is no problem.

Oh yes it is.
1. It's a crap directory
2. They use spam to promote it.
3. The link they give you is 'nofollow'

So you give a link to a worthless directory, wo will give you no 'seo
useful' link - and, you can bet the farm, no human referrals.
--

Andrew
Editor

Quality Directories - A Guide To Choosing Where To Submit
http://www.seo2seo.com/articles/quality-directories.shtml

Ignoramus17686

I get this sort of junk weekly, and simply hit the delete button. As
others pointed out, there is no value from links from junk
directories, but there is negative value when you link to "bad
neighborhoods".

Rich

patrick j said:
Hi

I have a small role as a sort of web-master/caretaker type for a web-site
for a voluntary group.

Anyway I'm always interested in getting links into this site and out of
the
blue I've got an invitation to have a link in from this directory:

<http://www.qumoz.co....

There doesn't seem to be anything to worry about with this directory but
being of a suspicious mind I thought I'd just check here if it is a good
idea to go ahead and take up their offer.

They do want a link from our web-site to theirs which is no problem.

Patrick,

They have no pagerank, and your personal site hs a fairly respectable rank
of 3. Exchanging a link with them will benefit them, and cause a slight
"pagerank bleed" to your site.

I wouldn't.

patrick j

Patrick,

They have no pagerank, and your personal site hs a fairly respectable rank
of 3. Exchanging a link with them will benefit them, and cause a slight
"pagerank bleed" to your site.

I wouldn't.

Thank you to all who have responded. I won't be using this directory. In
fact it wasn't for my personal web-site but for a group whose web-site I
maintain.