I guess a simple question but I cant find it :-(

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Klaas, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Klaas

    Klaas Guest

    I want the backgrond of my whole page in gradient.
    In the source tab I have:

    <head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(GradientType=0,
    StartColorStr='#0000FF',

    EndColorStr='#000000')">

    </form>

    In the design view everything looks like I want, but in runtime the height
    isnt 100% ??? :-s

    I also tried a panel but with no luck...

    How can I fill the whole page? (dynamicly)

    Klaas, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Klaas

    Klaas Guest

    hmm, got some progress...
    I put it in the body...nice.
    But there is still a white border around it.....how can I get ride of
    that???

    thanks

    Klaas, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Hello Klass,

    I have a gradient background at www.limbertech.com. I accomplished it a bit
    differently. In the body element I assigned the background attribute as
    follows:

    body
    {
    background: url(Images/PageBackGround.jpg) #99ccff repeat-x;
    }

    The PageBackGround.jpg is a thin, long image (5x1024) of the gradient as it
    goes from dark blue to light blue (#99ccff) which I created using Fireworks
    (you could use any different graphics package). It is repeated in the x
    direction. Since the background color of the page is specified as light blue
    (#99ccff), the image blends into the background of the page at the bottom.
    --
    brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Jul 27, 2006
  4. hi Klass, in addition to what brains said, make sure you remove the default
    margin and the padding from your body element, seems to me that this is what
    you are experiencing. Setting it to zero will remove it.

    Regards,
    Alessandro Zifiglio
    http://www.AsyncUI.net

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jul 28, 2006
  5. Klaas

    Klaas Guest

    YES!!!
    You are right Alessandro!!!
    Thank you very very much...great!

    May the source be with you!!!

    greetings,

    Klaas

    "Alessandro Zifiglio" <AlessandroZifiglio @ -h-o-t-m-a-i-l-c-o-m> schreef in
    bericht news:...

    Klaas, Jul 28, 2006
  6. Klaas

    Klaas Guest

    Hi Brains,

    Ken ik zie de PageBackGround.jpg, please?
    Ik understand what you are saying but cant visualize the JPG.....:-(

    Thank you

    Klaas

    Klaas, Jul 28, 2006
  7. You are more than welcome, klass :)