    How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
    file, and read it from perl.

    Please Help

    Bond, Oct 3, 2007

  2. Bond

    Mintcake Guest

    On Oct 3, 3:04 pm, "Bond" <> wrote:
    > I have address book with more than 1000 e-mail address. Bu some of them are
    > no good because user cancel it or change e-mail (some are older 10 year).
    > How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
    > file, and read it from perl.
    >
    > Please Help

    If you can export it to a text file and read it from perl the next
    step is easy. Learn perl.

    Mintcake, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Bond wrote:
    > I have address book with more than 1000 e-mail address. Bu some of themare
    > no good because user cancel it or change e-mail (some are older 10 year).
    > How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
    > file, and read it from perl.

    IMHO there's little you can do but to send everyone an email stating the
    purpose of the email and asking the person for a confirmation that (s)he
    would like to stay in your address book. You could then write a Perl
    script to sift through your mailbox and gather those messages which
    didn't bounce and where the person agreed to stay in your address book.

    There are several mail related modules at CPAN. If you have problems
    using one, write a small, self-contained program showing the problem and
    we'll see if we can help.

    BTW I, for sure, won't answer that email. From the fact that you didn't
    use a real name, I guess I'll be glad to fall off your list of "more
    than 1000 e-mail address"es.

    Josef
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)

    Josef Moellers, Oct 4, 2007