    please help me .
    Thanks
    -L
    Learner, May 5, 2006

  2. look in the sitemap section in global web.config - the name is hardcoded -

    just copy this section to you local web.config and change the name.

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 6, 2006

  3. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello Dominick,
    yes it works now after copy pasting the sitemap section in the local
    webconfig and changing its SiteMapFile attribute. I thought it could
    work just by setting up the property.

    Thanks
    -L
    Learner, May 6, 2006
  4. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello Dominick,
    I got a problem with this again. It was working yesterday because
    "web.sitemap" file was existing int he solution explorere. After I
    deleted this file and wanted use the customized one it was complaining
    about the below error. I did copy sitemap section from the gloabl
    web.confige file to my local web.config and its complaining about the
    below error. Am I missing some thing here?

    Thanks
    -L

    Server Error in '/GroundingDemo' Application.

    Configuration Error
    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: The entry 'AspNetXmlSiteMapProvider' has already
    been added.

    Source Error:

    Line 101: <siteMap>
    Line 102: <providers>
    Line 103: <add siteMapFile="Grounding.sitemap"
    name="AspNetXmlSiteMapProvider"
    Line 104: type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    Line 105: </providers>

    Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\devi\My Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\WebSites\GroundingDemo\web.config Line: 103

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

    Learner, May 7, 2006
  6. hi,

    give the provider another name or add a <clear /> statement right below the
    <providers> element.

    you have a duplicate name now in local and global web.config

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 7, 2006