I have installed Ruby-186-26, why is there no usr/local/bin/rubydirectory?

tenxian

When I installed it, I just changed the path to e:\ruby. I often meet
No such file or directory errors. Any idea?

Robert Dober

When I installed it, I just changed the path to e:\ruby. I often meet
No such file or directory errors. Any idea?
It seems that you have installed Ruby on Windows. Your expectation of
Ruby being in /usr/local/bin indicates that you have cygwin installed.
Obviously we cannot know how and where you have installed Ruby, but I
would look for a ruby.exe on your disk and than create a symlink in
cygwin to /usr/local/bin

HTH
Robert

tenxian

It seems that you have installed Ruby on Windows. Your expectation of
Ruby being in /usr/local/bin indicates that you have cygwin installed.
Obviously we cannot know how and where you have installed Ruby, but I
would look for a ruby.exe on your disk and than create a symlink in
cygwin to /usr/local/bin

HTH
Robert

--http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

yea, my computer is Windows.

Phillip Gawlowski

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

tenxian said:
yea, my computer is Windows.

You can't really expect a mix of the Cygwin and One-Click Ruby paths and
permissions to work reliably. Use Cygwin *or* the One-Click.

Marc Heiler

When I installed it, I just changed the path to e:\ruby.

I installed ruby under c: on windows and it works nicely, including
ruby-gtk on Windows. (A GUI makes me happier on windows)

To be honest, I hate working on windows. Ruby makes my life
easier, but windows is still a p***.