    i had created an .asp file for my website.however, it cannot be viewed using internet but through local computer, it can be viewed. the address http://www.perak.uitm.edu.my --> click on ''pengurusan atasan''link under UiTM Perak menu. tq. hope a quick reply.....

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

    rumaisya, May 31, 2005

  2. your not seeing the real error which is

    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
    driver specified

    /uitm_perak/uitm_seri_iskandar_pengurusan_atasan.asp, line 8

    see this article
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/common_sense.asp

    Kyle Peterson, May 31, 2005

  3. rumaisya

    rumai sulaim Guest

    thank u for ur information.

    ay u give extra explanation on what does it means by "no default driver
    specified and data source name not found',please.

    tq

    rumai sulaim, May 31, 2005
  4. basically means you have data connection issues...
    could be any number of things

    database folder permissions ?
    system dsn or dsn-less mistakes/typos ?
    etc etc

    for help learning to set up a data connection properly try this little tool
    it helped a few of my hosting customers learn how to do things
    http://www.cjwsoft.com/files/asptest.zip

    Kyle Peterson, May 31, 2005
  5. rumaisya wrote:
    > i had created an .asp file for my website.however, it cannot be
    > viewed using internet but through local computer, it can be viewed.
    > the address http://www.perak.uitm.edu.my --> click on ''pengurusan
    > atasan''link under UiTM Perak menu. tq. hope a quick reply.....

    You could have told us the error message you were receiving instead of
    making us take the risk of clicking on a potentially malicious link. Oh! If
    you're not seeing a descriptive error message:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    So, ok, I clicked the link and saw the error message. Without seeing your
    code, I really cannot help (another reason to avoid sending us to links to
    illustrate your error). Eliminate all the possibilities described in this
    article:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    I notice you are using an ODBC connection. ODBC has been deprecated. You
    should be using a native OLE DB provider. See:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET