    What else can I do? Why am I losing session state every page?

    Thanks,
    Keith

    Keith-Earl, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Keith-Earl

    John Haynes Guest

    Keith,

    Are you using IIS6.0? If so check your AppPool to make sure your aspnet
    worker processes are not recycling. If they are recycling you will lose your
    session state.

    John

    "Keith-Earl" <> wrote in message
    > I have been writing ASP.NET apps since the RTM build and have never seen
    > this. I built a simple app that uses session variables on my DEV laptop.
    > All runs well. I have a simple toggle routine that checks the status of a
    > Session variable. I keep losing the value of the variable. When I trace

    the
    > page it is there, but it is gone next postback.
    >
    > Also, I use three tier objects and store my DataManager object in a

    session
    > variable. It is gone as well whenever I postback.
    >
    > I went to the Prod IIS server and made sure my Virtual Dir is set as an

    app

    John Haynes, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Keith-Earl

    Keith-Earl Guest

    John, thank you. I really should post my config first time. No, we are
    running W2k server so it's IIS 5.0.

    I loaded FileMon (freeware) and see where I am getting a "Buffer Overflow"
    from IIS when I try to browse the pages. I am pretty sure it is not our
    Symantec Corporate hitting the Global.asax file. That was pretty common
    back in the Classic ASP days, reseting our session.

    On my DEV platform I turn on Trace and see I get the same SESSION ID no
    matter what page I hit. I get a new SESSIONID on the PROD box. Does not
    matter if I go to a new page or hit REFRESH on same page.

    Thanks for your help

    Keith

    Keith-Earl, Apr 30, 2004
  4. what do your application logs indicate? This is always the first place to
    start.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], May 1, 2004
  5. Keith-Earl

    Keith-Earl Guest

    Nothing, not a darn thing. I have removed both 1.0 and 1.1 Framework on
    PROD server and am currently reinstalling 1.1, will let you know how it
    goes...

    BTW, I get the Buffer Overflow on a clean install. Also, copied the folder
    to several other IIS installs and they all work...

    Thanks!!!

    Keith
    > what do your application logs indicate? This is always the first place to
    > start.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Alvin Bruney
    > "Keith-Earl" <> wrote in message
    > > John, thank you. I really should post my config first time. No, we are
    > > running W2k server so it's IIS 5.0.
    > >
    > > I loaded FileMon (freeware) and see where I am getting a "Buffer

    Overflow"
    > > from IIS when I try to browse the pages. I am pretty sure it is not our
    > > Symantec Corporate hitting the Global.asax file. That was pretty common
    > > back in the Classic ASP days, reseting our session.
    > >
    > > On my DEV platform I turn on Trace and see I get the same SESSION ID no
    > > matter what page I hit. I get a new SESSIONID on the PROD box. Does

    not
    > > matter if I go to a new page or hit REFRESH on same page.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help
    > >
    > > Keith
    > >

    > > "John Haynes" <> wrote in

    message