I knew there was an mystery to it !

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Morris_Carr=E9?=, May 9, 2004.

  1. Back then - in particular, soon after 9/11 - I evidenced the natural irony of
    the standard python implementation, by showing it had the clear and
    spontaneous humor of replying :

    'BUSH'

    when asked the convoluted question :

    filter(lambda W : W not in "ILLITERATE", "BULLSHIT")

    Now at first sight, it was clear I could attribute it to unexpectedly cosmic
    dimensions taken by the BDFL's "time machine" effect over Python, when applied
    to the time-shattering event that was 9/11.

    OTOH, this was an inelegantly public-resource-seizing viz the lawful Python
    community and its BDFL. Not to speak of 9/11 grieving ones. So that idea fell
    off my hands.

    My live mind kept expecting a deeper mystery, though, to the above Python
    formula. I found it out, by discovering that their was a clearly brilliant
    competitor explanation, to examine for contrast and completion :

    Original Python responded

    'BUSH'

    when asked the convoluted question :

    filter(lambda W : W not in "ILLITERATE", "BULLSHIT")

    in particular, soon after 9/11

    because in particular
    Python was a language designed with the idea that suffice two scopes,
    one local, and one global !

    Now, Python is past that.

    (MMmmhh...)

    So it appears, is Bush.

    Conservation ! Diagonal Invariant ! Discovery ! Eurêka !

    to-me-it-looks-like-EPR-ly yours,

    Mori Squared
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Morris_Carr=E9?=, May 9, 2004