<!--
.... some style
-->
<!--
.... some style
-->
</head>

Can i define style more than once within the body?
Can i even put the syle in the body?

Sims

Matthias Gutfeldt

Steve said:
Sims wrote in message ...

I was baffled by his response as well :~)

"I know it works but is it allowed?" doesn't say what the message is
about. It could be anything from dynamite fishing to moonshine liquor.

Matthias

Sims

My guess: the subject line wasn't informative enough :)

If it is the case then i apologise.
I assumed, (wrongly), that because we are discussing HTML it was implied
that my subject was
"That HTML code works on most browsers but is it allowed by the standard.".

I should have been more specific in my subject. Sorry.
If it is something else maybe Jukka will tell me, because it is also a bit
unclear what he meant.

Sims

Sims

"I know it works but is it allowed?" doesn't say what the message is
about. It could be anything from dynamite fishing to moonshine liquor.

Point taken, but we are neither discussing dynamite fishing or moonshine
liquor.
So in the context of this NG, i thought it was understood that i was about
to ask about some html code.

Sims

Els

Sims said:
If it is the case then i apologise.
I assumed, (wrongly), that because we are discussing HTML it was implied
that my subject was
"That HTML code works on most browsers but is it allowed by the standard.".

That still isn't enough though.
In your case I'd probably have put something like "style
blocks in body allowed?"

Sims

standard.".

That still isn't enough though.
In your case I'd probably have put something like "style
blocks in body allowed?"

I agree, as i said maybe i should have spent more time on the subject. Sorry
for that.

BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good subjects, why
was i selected out of the herd?
Was my subject worst than "Assistance required" or "IE vs. Netscape" or
"IE7" or do we all get links on how to post on the Usenet?

Sims

Els

Sims said:
I agree, as i said maybe i should have spent more time on the subject. Sorry
for that.

You have apologized already, stop it. ;-)
BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good subjects, why
was i selected out of the herd?

Now _that_ you have to ask Jukka.

Matthias Gutfeldt

Sims said:
Point taken, but we are neither discussing dynamite fishing or moonshine
liquor.

YOU are not - but we might be.

So in the context of this NG, i thought it was understood that i was about
to ask about some html code.

Not necessarily; it's about more or less anything Web-related. IIRC
there isn't even a charter.

But even if it was about HTML: HTML has approximately 100 different
elements and 120 different attributes that can be combined with each
other in an almost infinite number of ways.

And whether something is allowed in HTML can be easily checked with the
HTML validator, <http://validator.w3.org/> (or the one from the WDG,
<http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>). So you're asking US to do
something you could have done yourself - and with a non-descriptive
subject line, too.

No big deal though. We just like to be anal-retentive on every first
Friday of the month.

Matthias

Kris

Sims said:
BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good subjects, why
was i selected out of the herd?

Because you sound to be easily indoctrinated. ;)

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Sims <[email protected]> feverishly typed:

[...]
BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good
subjects, why was i selected out of the herd?

Every first Friday of the month, we hold a meeting where we select one
poster to single out for each of the following categories;
1. Poor subject line
2. Spelling "lose" as "loose"
3. Top posting

If you're lucky, you might win this month's special prize, too! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!

Sims

[...]
Every first Friday of the month, we hold a meeting where we select one

Who are 'we', is that the secret society that rules the world and checks for
poor subject line i heard so much abut?
poster to single out for each of the following categories;
1. Poor subject line
2. Spelling "lose" as "loose"
3. Top posting

If you're lucky, you might win this month's special prize, too! ;-)

1) Ok my bad.
2) Where did i spell loose/lose?
3) Where did i top post?

Surely there are some more worthy articles than mine.
I ask for a re-vote.

Sims

Kris

Every first Friday of the month, we hold a meeting where we select one

Who are 'we', is that the secret society that rules the world and checks for
poor subject line i heard so much abut?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be so secret then if you have heard so much about it.
See page 14 of J.D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye for further
instructions.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
[...]
BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good
subjects, why was i selected out of the herd?

Every first Friday of the month, we hold a meeting where we select
one

Who are 'we', is that the secret society that rules the world and
checks for poor subject line i heard so much abut?

Nah. You want "illuminati", second door down the corridor, on the left.
1) Ok my bad.
2) Where did i spell loose/lose?

You didn't. That will be someone else.
3) Where did i top post?

You didn't. That will be someone else.

You do, however, now qualify for the "paranoid poster of the month" award!
;-)

Cheers,
Nige