I know it's the wrong place to ask a Javascript question but....

UJ

I have a drop down list that I want to have when a certain value has been
selected, another set of controls becomes visible. I've done it using radio
buttons but I don't know how to do it with a drop down box.

TIA - Jeff.

S. Justin Gengo

Jeff,

Accessing the values from a drop down with javascript is a bit different
than radio buttons. I have a bit of sample code on my website that I think
will help you though. It isn't doing exactly what you want. It redirects a
page based on a dropdown selection. But it will give you the piece of
information you are missing I think...

Please find the sample at: http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=codelibrary
and type: "Open web page from dropdown" in the search box.

If the sample doesn't give you the info you need please feel free to email
me and/or post again here.

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library:
http://www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Kevin Spencer

selectName.selectedIndex
selectName.options[selectName.selectedIndex]
selectName.options[selectName.selectedIndex].value

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

Big thicks are made up of lots of little thins.