I learned from the book what now?

mat.bin

Hi all.
I really would like to orientate my programming towards database
programming using mssql.
so I went out got my self a c++ book and finished it, I can do classes
and so on the thing is I did it all in console (following the book)
where could I gather GOOD information about how to program on
databases and so on? and what should I look for? ado.net? I woul like
to do it all in visual studio 2005
tnx Matt

Christopher

Hi all.
I really would like to orientate my programming towards database
programming using mssql.
so I went out got my self a c++ book and finished it, I can do classes
and so on the thing is I did it all in console (following the book)
where could I gather GOOD information about how to program on
databases and so on? and what should I look for? ado.net? I woul like
to do it all in visual studio 2005
tnx Matt

You'd probably be better off asking in a ng where the topic is
databases. If you are targetting MSSQL, then try a ng dedicated to
MSSQL. IMO Microsoft support, or rather resources, has been dwindling
for native C++ :( You are probably going to find alot more C# info
than C++, but GL.

mat.bin

You'd probably be better off asking in a ng where the topic is
databases. If you are targetting MSSQL, then try a ng dedicated to
MSSQL. IMO Microsoft support, or rather resources, has been dwindling
for native C++ :( You are probably going to find alot more C# info
than C++, but GL.

Yeah guess you are right..
Tnx for the help..ill go post on mssql ng.

Eugenio Miró

Hi all.
I really would like to orientate my programming towards database
programming using mssql.
so I went out got my self a c++ book and finished it, I can do classes
and so on the thing is I did it all in console (following the book)
where could I gather GOOD information about how to program on
databases and so on? and what should I look for? ado.net? I woul like
to do it all in visual studio 2005
tnx Matt

Hello Matt:

I think the topic you're starting now is huge. Databases.
If you're going to use MS Tools I recommend you to check http://msdn.microsoft.com.
There you can find anything you need about databases or whatever other
think you need about programming.
I also recommend you to choose a technology to follow when talking to
databases. There are several and all of them have their tidbits.
However, databases also have the other side, the engine programming...
there is another world there... there you may need some more theory...
relational algebra, transactions, etc... you may however get in touch
with database engine code getting some open source database engine's
code and start browsing it, I dont know I'm thinking out loud ...

Hope this helps
Eugenio