    to do it all in visual studio 2005
    tnx Matt

    , Feb 18, 2008

  2. Christopher Guest

    On Feb 18, 11:19 am, wrote:
    > Hi all.
    > I really would like to orientate my programming towards database
    > programming using mssql.
    > so I went out got my self a c++ book and finished it, I can do classes
    > and so on the thing is I did it all in console (following the book)
    > where could I gather GOOD information about how to program on
    > databases and so on? and what should I look for? ado.net? I woul like
    > to do it all in visual studio 2005
    > tnx Matt

    You'd probably be better off asking in a ng where the topic is
    databases. If you are targetting MSSQL, then try a ng dedicated to
    MSSQL. IMO Microsoft support, or rather resources, has been dwindling
    for native C++ :( You are probably going to find alot more C# info
    than C++, but GL.

    Christopher, Feb 18, 2008

    > You'd probably be better off asking in a ng where the topic is
    > databases. If you are targetting MSSQL, then try a ng dedicated to
    > MSSQL. IMO Microsoft support, or rather resources, has been dwindling
    > for native C++ :( You are probably going to find alot more C# info
    > than C++, but GL.

    Yeah guess you are right..
    Tnx for the help..ill go post on mssql ng.

    , Feb 18, 2008
  4. On 18 feb, 11:19, wrote:
    > Hi all.
    > I really would like to orientate my programming towards database
    > programming using mssql.
    > so I went out got my self a c++ book and finished it, I can do classes
    > and so on the thing is I did it all in console (following the book)
    > where could I gather GOOD information about how to program on
    > databases and so on? and what should I look for? ado.net? I woul like
    > to do it all in visual studio 2005
    > tnx Matt

    Hello Matt:

    I think the topic you're starting now is huge. Databases.
    If you're going to use MS Tools I recommend you to check http://msdn.microsoft.com.
    There you can find anything you need about databases or whatever other
    think you need about programming.
    I also recommend you to choose a technology to follow when talking to
    databases. There are several and all of them have their tidbits.
    However, databases also have the other side, the engine programming...
    there is another world there... there you may need some more theory...
    relational algebra, transactions, etc... you may however get in touch
    with database engine code getting some open source database engine's
    code and start browsing it, I dont know I'm thinking out loud ...

    Hope this helps
    Eugenio

    Eugenio Miró, Feb 18, 2008