i m stuck with winsnmp.....!

Discussion in 'Java' started by BigZero, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. BigZero

    BigZero Guest

    Hello,,

    hey i m working on snmp protocol my work is to get the inforrmation of
    hardware and software of machine/computer so i m using an SNMP
    protocol it's fine that it work with Linux box the problem is with the
    windows box well i got it for that to that we can use WinSnmp for
    windows box but how can we make use winsnmp in java programming

    "All i want to known is how to make use Winsnmp in java codeing"

    Thanks

    Vijay

    BigZero, Feb 28, 2008

  2. BigZero

    Nathandelane Guest

    On Feb 27, 9:45 pm, BigZero <> wrote:
    > Hello,,
    >
    > hey i m working on snmp protocol my work is to get the inforrmation of
    > hardware and software of machine/computer so i m using an SNMP
    > protocol it's fine that it work with Linux box the problem is with the
    > windows box well i got it for that to that we can use WinSnmp for
    > windows box but how can we make use winsnmp in java programming
    >
    > "All i want to known is how to make use Winsnmp in java codeing"
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Vijay

    Two thing s you should know - first of all SNMP is a tcp/ip protocol,
    which means that a simple socket should be enough to send and receive
    information to and from an SNMP client, second, there are several
    libraries available - this one is open source and is probably good,
    although I have never used it: www.snmp4j.org . My experience with
    SNMP is mostly using Windows WMI, and Perl, Pthon, and Ruby in Linux.
    I will take a closer look at the ANMP4J libraries myself, that way I
    can help you later if you get stuck.

    Nathan

    Nathandelane, Feb 28, 2008

  3. BigZero