I need a C++ code style checker.

Discussion in 'C++' started by =?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?=, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
    fee.
    =?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?=, Jul 24, 2007

  2. =?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?=

    Guest

    On Jul 24, 9:14 am, <> wrote:
    > I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
    > fee.

    Why not saying CPP editor directly? Dev-C++ may be a good choice if
    you are using Windows.
    , Jul 24, 2007

  3. =?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?=

    Guest Guest

    On Jul 24, 2:18 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > On Jul 24, 9:14 am, <> wrote:> I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
    > > fee.

    > Why not saying CPP editor directly? Dev-C++ may be a good choice if
    > you are using Windows.

    Checker is a editor? When i use Java, there's lots of tools.
    Guest, Jul 25, 2007
  4. =?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?=

    Ondra Holub Guest

    On 24 ec, 03:14, <> wrote:
    > I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
    > fee.

    Which is the best choice? Of course this one, which fits best your
    requirements :)

    I think you do not mean code formatting, it is easy with any good
    editor and there are automatic formatters (for example astyle).

    If you need more sophisticated checker, you should first of all turn
    on all warnings (but be careful if you are using Microsoft compiler -
    it produces many warnings on their own standard C++ library). Some
    compilers may have other special flags.

    You can compile your program with more compilers and on more
    platforms, it helps to find some portability issues, but it is not
    always possible.

    You can make code review, but it is not automatic process.

    As far as I know there is some checking from Parasoft, but it is not
    cheap.
    Ondra Holub, Jul 25, 2007