I Need a Python Mentor

abhay

Hi,
I have just ended learning to program in Python using the book "Programming
in Python" by Mark Lutz.
But to my dismay there are no excercises or programming projects in the
book. I'm seeking for a good programming project to be implemented in
python. Do you have any projects to share, I'm ready to spend my free time
over it to learn the best.

Thanks for advice and help in advance.

Abhay

Arthur

Hi,
I have just ended learning to program in Python using the book "Programming
in Python" by Mark Lutz.
But to my dismay there are no excercises or programming projects in the
book. I'm seeking for a good programming project to be implemented in
python. Do you have any projects to share, I'm ready to spend my free time
over it to learn the best.

Take a look at PyGeo:

http://home.netcom.com/~ajs/

and see if it the type of thing that might interest you.

It is pretty basic code I think - mostly because that's the only kind
of code I would know how to write. Not exemplary code, to be sure.

I am working toward a new release and would love other folks
involvement. And I think it is the kind of project to which someone
without deep programming background could contribute.

Art

Scott David Daniels

abhay said:
.... I'm seeking for a good programming project to be implemented in
python. Do you have any projects to share, I'm ready to spend my free time
over it to learn the best.

Let us know what fascinates or obsesses you; these subjects are fertile
sources for projects. It always helps if the subject itself holds the
student's interest.

--Scott David Daniels
(e-mail address removed)

Paolo Alexis Falcone

Hi,
I have just ended learning to program in Python using the book "Programming
in Python" by Mark Lutz.
But to my dismay there are no excercises or programming projects in the
book. I'm seeking for a good programming project to be implemented in
python. Do you have any projects to share, I'm ready to spend my free time
over it to learn the best.
There are other books on Python that have quite served me well, such as
"Dive into Python" by Mark Pilgrim, "Think in Python" by Bruce Eckel, and
"How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python" by Allen B.
Downey, Jeffrey Elkner and Chris Meyers.

Would you care to have a shot for an open source statistical package using
Python? Currently I have CVS access to the salstat project
(salstat.sourceforge.net). Of course, there are other projects that are
very interesting to do in Python (I'm building an open source ERP using
Zope + CMF + ERP5, and all of them ultimately boil down to Python).