    scroll?

    Thanks
    Lenny
    Lenny, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Leif K-Brooks, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    Lenny, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    err... make that a DHTML layer or CSS layer whichever you want to call
    it.

    Lenny

    Lenny, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Lenny wrote:

    > err... make that a DHTML layer or CSS layer whichever you want to call
    > it.

    Please don't use the term "layer", it's very hard for anyone to
    understand. Anyway, I would style a <div> element with overflow:scroll.
    This begs the question of why you want to do this, though.
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    I have a small content area that has more content than the area will
    show. Why wouldnt I do it?

    Lenny

    Lenny, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Quoth the raven named Lenny:

    [Top posting corrected]

    > On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:01:24 GMT, Leif K-Brooks
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lenny wrote:
    >>
    >>>err... make that a DHTML layer or CSS layer whichever you want to call
    >>>it.

    >>Please don't use the term "layer", it's very hard for anyone to
    >>understand. Anyway, I would style a <div> element with overflow:scroll.
    >>This begs the question of why you want to do this, though.

    > I have a small content area that has more content than the area will
    > show. Why wouldnt I do it?

    Every browser I've ever used already has a scroll bar of some kind.
    Just put your content in a regular page and let the visitors scroll as
    they are already accustomed to doing.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:00:19 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Quoth the raven named Lenny:
    >
    >[Top posting corrected]
    >
    >> On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:01:24 GMT, Leif K-Brooks
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Please don't use the term "layer", it's very hard for anyone to
    >>>understand. Anyway, I would style a <div> element with overflow:scroll.
    >>>This begs the question of why you want to do this, though.

    >> I have a small content area that has more content than the area will
    >> show. Why wouldnt I do it?

    >Every browser I've ever used already has a scroll bar of some kind.
    >Just put your content in a regular page and let the visitors scroll as
    >they are already accustomed to doing.

    That's no fun. Make being a web designer kind of bland after awhile...
    Lenny, Nov 8, 2003
  9. Lenny wrote:

    > That's no fun. Make being a web designer kind of bland after awhile...

    Not poking your eyes out makes being a human kind of bland after a
    while, too. That doesn't mean you should poke your eyes out.
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 8, 2003
  10. Lenny

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Lenny <> wrote:

    > >Every browser I've ever used already has a scroll bar of some kind.
    > >Just put your content in a regular page and let the visitors scroll as
    > >they are already accustomed to doing.

    > That's no fun. Make being a web designer kind of bland after awhile...

    Web design involves more than the graphical presentation of a site. If
    you are only responsible for the graphical part, then pity you.. :)

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Nov 8, 2003