    http://opendomains.vnn.bz/ and many others. So now I want to ask you
    if you know of any script in PHP, Perl, Phyton that can accomplish
    this task?

    stiv, May 30, 2007

  2. stiv

    Guest

    On May 30, 2:19 am, stiv <> wrote:
    > I want to give users of my site the option to register for a subdomain
    > redirection service. I scanned the Internet for some script, but
    > didn't really find anything that works. Tried the PHP script fromhttp://opendomains.vnn.bz/and many others. So now I want to ask you
    > if you know of any script in PHP, Perl, Phyton that can accomplish
    > this task?

    It's actually very easy to write.

    I use Apache mod_rewrite to 'rewrite' all URLs "subliminally" from (.*)
    \.Domain\.Etc to /path/to/some/mod_perl.pl?subdomain=$1 then in side
    of that mod_perl.pl script use the subdomain name as a KEY to look up
    the forwarding URL in a mySQL database then with CGI.pm or even a
    Location header forward the user to the new URL. It's simple.

    Just write a script that allows your users to choose a subdomain and
    forwarding URL. Throw up some .htaccess config, mySQL database and the
    above mod_perl script and wahlah you're in business.

    , May 31, 2007