I need some help building ruby 1.8.6 with mingw

ochronus

Hi all,

I'm building the most recent ruby 1.8.6 stable snapshot (build level
5000) with mingw32. Everything's fine, it builds without an error, but
the socket extension is not built. Not even if I manually add the
right switch to ./configure.
Upon checking the log in the ext/sock folder, I found that it somehow
does not find windows.h and winsock.h, though
those are both in the include path. If I try to compile a simple c
program wich includes <winsock.h>, it builds fine.
What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Ochronus,
A fellow rubyist :)

ochronus

Hi all,

I'm building the most recent ruby 1.8.6 stable snapshot (build level
5000) with mingw32. Everything's fine, it builds without an error, but
the socket extension is not built. Not even if I manually add the
right switch to ./configure.
Upon checking the log in the ext/sock folder, I found that it somehow
does not find windows.h and winsock.h, though
those are both in the include path. If I try to compile a simple c
program wich includes <winsock.h>, it builds fine.
What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Ochronus,
A fellow rubyist :)

Solved :)

It seems I had a nonstandard mingw installation, now, after
reinstalling and fixing some minor annoyances, it works like a charm.