I published and a folder that was empty did not get copied to the host

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I don't know if this is just a fluke but I published to my host many times
    and a certain folder always had files in it and everything worked.

    The last time I published that folder was empty and it did not get copied to
    the host.

    That is, when my site tried to copy a file into it the site bombed because
    the folder was not there.

    Is that to be expected. That is, publishing will not create a empty folder
    on the host.

    I will of course check for the existence in my code but I was wondering if
    what I saw is the expected behavior.

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Jan 6, 2010