when i type import code2

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "code2.py", line 11
~
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

and source code is here

No, it isn't. The above error says "line 11", but the code you show doesn't
have 11 lines.

From the above error, it looks as if you have a stray "tilde"-character on
the last or so line in code.py. Remove it.

Diez

codefly

No, it isn't. The above error says "line 11", but the code you show doesn't
have 11 lines.

From the above error, it looks as if you have a stray "tilde"-character on
the last or so line in code.py. Remove it.

Diez

Oh my Thanks..

codefly

No, it isn't. The above error says "line 11", but the code you show doesn't
have 11 lines.

From the above error, it looks as if you have a stray "tilde"-character on
the last or so line in code.py. Remove it.

Diez

now.. another problem..

when i type me = code2()

the error is here..
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

Diez B. Roggisch

codefly said:
now.. another problem..

when i type me = code2()

the error is here..
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

Not surprisingly, because you try to instantiate a module. Which isn't
possible.

What you most probably want is

me = code2.codefly()

May I suggest you move your questions here:

It seems that you have some very basic misconceptions about python, so that
might be a forum more geared towards your needs.

Diez

Bruno Desthuilliers

codefly a écrit :
now.. another problem..

when i type me = code2()

where ? and what is 'code2' in this context ? Sorry, my crystal ball is
out for repair...
the error is here..
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

Ok, so it's in the python shell, you imported your module named 'code2',
and tried to call it.

Well... the error message say it all: module objects are not callable
(IOW : they are not functions). If I may ask : what's your background in
programming ?

Dave Angel

codefly said:
now.. another problem..

when i type me = code2()

the error is here..
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

Your code was/is in code2.py
-----------------

class codefly:
def WaitFreecatz(self, hours):
hours = self.hours
i =1
while i < hours:
print ' i wait for %s hours' %(i)
i = i+1
if i ==hours:
print 'he never comes'

-----------------

The message is pretty clear. Why are you trying to call the module you
just imported? Perhaps you meant to instantiate the class that was
defined there. In that case, the syntax would be:
me = code2.codefly()

To save you some trouble on your next bug, let me point out that your
class does not initialize its instance variable self.hours That's
normally done in the __init__() method. Also, you can interactively see
the objects of an object with the dir() function. So try
dir(code2) dir(code2.codefly) and dir(me)

DaveA