I sti-ll... haven't found,.... what I'm looking for.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Miki Tebeka, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Miki Tebeka

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello,

    > I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for
    > each full screen, so I can read it. It shoots off the top, so I can only
    > read the end...

    Have a look at the _Printer class in site.py (comes with installation).

    HTH.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, Nov 4, 2003

  2. I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for

    ruari mactaggart, Nov 4, 2003

  3. ruari mactaggart <> wrote:
    > I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for
    > each full screen, so I can read it. It shoots off the top, so I can only
    > read the end...

    This is an environment issue, not a python issue. Send the output to
    a file or pager so that the output will be broken into "pages". For
    example, running the program as :
    myprogram.py | less
    instead of
    myprogram.py
    will send the output to the program 'less' (a pager) which provides
    for scrolling and searching in the text.

    If your system doesn't have 'less' on it, or your environment doesn't
    support pipes like this then you'll need to provide more details as to
    your environment (OS, etc.) so someone familiar with it can direct
    you to suitable tools.

    -D

    --
    Commit to the Lord whatever you do,