I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers

Discussion in 'XML' started by Ramon F Herrera, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? XML?

    I really don't have much to say about XML. But let's talk about Larry
    Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids.

    Do they read Google groups?

    Hey, Larry and Sergey! Let me just tell you that we, the folks that
    drive the Usenet traffic that you cherish so much are getting more
    than a little sick and tired of those MI-5 Persecution postings.

    Mind you: I am concerned about those poor fellows that have been
    (tortured? prosecuted? castrated?) Gosh, for some reason I am worried
    about their wifes and kids.

    But not for them.

    I frankly feel that they should be branded like cattle.

    And, Larry & Sergey: you are not too high on my list either.

    Let's just hope that 2008 brings better, actual content to Google/and
    Usenet Groups, wunderkinds.

    -Ramon F Herrera
    Ramon F Herrera, Jan 1, 2008

  2. Re: I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll downthe sabotagers

    More effective is to learn to use the killfile features of our newsreaders.

    If the tool you're using doesn't have killfile/filter support, change
    tools or beat on its authors or both.

    Reminder: comp.text.xml is not a "google group". It's a Usenet newsgroup
    which Google is copying. You aren't required to read it through Google,
    and most of the more traditional tools are in fact a lot more pleasant
    and efficient to use. (I used Google last week because my usual news
    server wasn't accessible... and established that I still hate it for
    this purpose.)

    Joseph Kesselman, Jan 2, 2008