I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers

ramon

Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? Cisco?

I really don't have much to say about Cisco. But let's talk about
Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids.

Do they read Google groups?

Hey, Larry and Sergey! Let me just tell you that we, the folks that
drive the Usenet traffic that you cherish so much are getting more
than a little sick and tired of those MI-5 Persecution postings.

Mind you: I am concerned about those poor fellows that have been
(tortured? prosecuted? castrated?) by MI-5. Gosh, for some reason I am
worried about their wifes and kids.

But not for them.

I frankly feel that they should be branded like cattle.

And, Larry & Sergey: you are not too high on my list either.

Let's just hope that 2008 brings better, actual content to Google/and
Usenet Groups, wunderkinds.

-Ramon F Herrera

ps: I wonder whether the NYT is aware of what's going on in Usenet
under Google's laissez faire guidance...

Matt

ps: I wonder whether the NYT is aware of what's going on in Usenet
under Google's laissez faire guidance...

In what sense is Google guiding Usenet or failing to guide it as they
should?

Roy Schestowitz

____/ Matt on Tuesday 01 January 2008 11:36 : \____
In what sense is Google guiding Usenet or failing to guide it as they
should?

They should at least respond to complaints (they don't). In some NGs, about 90%
is pure SPAM posted via Google Groups. This renders such groups useless and
there's no way to filter other than to drop everything which arrives from
Google's servers.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
16:05:02 up 22 days, 4:53, 4 users, load average: 1.46, 1.64, 1.73

thad05

Matt said:
In what sense is Google guiding Usenet or failing to guide it as they
should?

I was wondering the same thing. Usenet has always been a
decentralized, somewhat anarchistic system. Abuse has always been
a side effect of that, but so has uncensored discourse.

Thad

Barry Margolin

Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? Cisco?

I really don't have much to say about Cisco. But let's talk about
Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids.

Do they read Google groups?

Hey idiot, are you going to post this in every group? That's almost as
bad as the MI-5 spammers.

At least that stuff is obvious garbage, but you're just totally
confused. You have the relationship between Usenet and Google backwards.