    --
    Regards,
    Casey

    Casey Hawthorne, Apr 22, 2009

  2. Casey Hawthorne

    Qu0ll Guest

    "Casey Hawthorne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want
    > to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?
    > --

    I doubt Oracle has much interest in developing JavaFX but I hope I am wrong
    as it looks like a surprisingly good piece of technology. If they truly
    want to provide end-to-end solutions including the hardware, DB, middleware
    and front-end then perhaps they might be interested but analysts have
    predicted that such a model will be very difficult to implement
    successfully.

    --
    And loving it,

    -Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

    Qu0ll, Apr 22, 2009

  3. Casey Hawthorne

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Re: I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oraclewant to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

    Casey Hawthorne wrote:
    > I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases,

    I don't know if it can.

    Accessing the database directly from client side code would
    be very bad design.

    > so wouldn't Oracle want
    > to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

    I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.

    But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
    will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 23, 2009
  4. Re: I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle

    Arne Vajhøj <> burped up warm pablum in news:49efb8c5$0$90275$:

    > I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.
    >
    > But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
    > will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

    Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

    --
    Tris Orendorff
    [ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy sounding names. Brad and

    Tris Orendorff, Apr 24, 2009
  5. Casey Hawthorne

    Lew Guest

    Tris Orendorff wrote:
    > Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

    Had you considered looking at their web site?
    <http://www.oracle.com/technologies/microsoft/index.html>

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Apr 25, 2009
  6. Casey Hawthorne

    Tris Orendorff wrote:
    > Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

    I believe that most of Oracles products including Oracle DB, Oracle AS,
    WebLogic, JRockit, Oracle JVM etc. are available for Windows.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 25, 2009