I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want to keep developing JavaFX and

Casey Hawthorne

I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want
to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

Qu0ll

--

I doubt Oracle has much interest in developing JavaFX but I hope I am wrong
as it looks like a surprisingly good piece of technology. If they truly

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

Arne Vajhøj

Casey said:
I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases,

I don't know if it can.

Accessing the database directly from client side code would
be very bad design.
so wouldn't Oracle want
to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.

But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

Arne

Tris Orendorff

Arne Vajhøj said:
I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.

But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

--
Tris Orendorff
[ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy sounding names. Brad and

Arne Vajhøj

Tris said:
Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

I believe that most of Oracles products including Oracle DB, Oracle AS,
WebLogic, JRockit, Oracle JVM etc. are available for Windows.

Arne