I turn around and now there is Whidbey!

George Ter-Saakov

The thing that there is no Service Pack for .NET 1.1 (Only bunch of
Hotfixes) or VS but we already have Whidbey.
I wish they (Microsoft) would not move that fast and concentrate on more
stable environment.
Because reality is that i barely had time to learn VS 2003 and there is a
new one coming out.

George.

Curt_C [MVP]

1.1 is a PATCH for 1.0, not a new version really. It was to fix
problems/tweaks in 1.0.
2.0 is the new version.
Also, 1.0 came out a while ago. 2.0 will have a large number of new,
additional, features that many us do want.... :}

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

no one knows yet...........wont be much though from what we have heard....

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

That has not been decided yet, but it is a major upgrade so I'd think it
won't be dirt cheap like version 1.1 was.
The release is still a long way off. There is no firm release date, but
it's probably going to be at least a year if not two.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

TIMA

is it a whole 'nother 180 degrees from asp?

Curt_C said:
1.1 is a PATCH for 1.0, not a new version really. It was to fix
problems/tweaks in 1.0.
2.0 is the new version.
Also, 1.0 came out a while ago. 2.0 will have a large number of new,
additional, features that many us do want.... :}

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Microsoft has not made an official announcement on the release dates yet, so
they are free to change their mind at any point.
But I believe the current plan is for Microsoft to release Whidbey,
Longhorn, and Yukon all at the same time.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP