i want to learn SOAP

gk

hi,
i want to learn SOAP . what server do i need ?

i have tomcat and JBoss . is that enough ?

please tell me the name of the server + software i need to learn SOAP.

Thank you

Dag Sunde

gk said:
hi,
i want to learn SOAP . what server do i need ?

i have tomcat and JBoss . is that enough ?

please tell me the name of the server + software i need to learn SOAP.

Tomcat is sufficient.
In addition, Java j2se, and Notepad/vi...

Then you got all you need.

This is a good starting-point for example-code, whitepapers, docs, et.c...
http://ws.apache.org/soap/

IchBin

gk said:
hi,
i want to learn SOAP . what server do i need ?

i have tomcat and JBoss . is that enough ?

please tell me the name of the server + software i need to learn SOAP.

Thank you
You may also want the J2EE Tutorial from
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/

or download it at http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html#tutorial

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

gk

hi i saw the j2ee tutorial . but there is no SOAP.

do u mean "SOAP with Attachments API for Java" . they have this chapter
only.

is that all ?

Dag Sunde

gk said:
hi i saw the j2ee tutorial . but there is no SOAP.

do u mean "SOAP with Attachments API for Java" . they have this chapter
only.

What you want to read about is "WebServices"

SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is just the name
of the protocol used in what have been coined "WebServices".

gk

can you provide a tutorial link where i would get the whole thing.

i want
1. installation steps.
2. how to develope a server
3. how to develope a client.

where do i get the tutorial ?

gk

apache site is software downloading + documentation site. they dont
have tutorials.

di you know any such good tutorial . i am also searching in the google.

i am a newbie. i dont know which one is essential.
if you know any good tutorial please provide the link.

Dag Sunde

IchBin

gk said:
apache site is software downloading + documentation site. they dont
have tutorials.

di you know any such good tutorial . i am also searching in the google.

i am a newbie. i dont know which one is essential.
if you know any good tutorial please provide the link.

Look at 'Chapter 9: SOAP with Attachments API for Java' in
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
SOAP is a protocol and developed using XML. Also you might want to understand WSDL also. In Java you can use JAX-WS which is much better and lot server independent than JAX-RPC.

There are some tutorials at oyejava.com