I want to uninstall JRun for CF MX 6.1

Phil Powell

I am looking at a developer edition (if exists) of WAS instead of JRun. I
can't use JRun because I am convinced that it does not run any JSP scripts
that utilize BSF in any way shape or form; yet I hear that it is built into
WAS.

Anyone with experience uninstalling JRun within CF App Server and replacing
with WAS please let me know where I should turn.

Thanks
Phil

Sudsy

Phil said:
I am looking at a developer edition (if exists) of WAS instead of JRun. I
can't use JRun because I am convinced that it does not run any JSP scripts
that utilize BSF in any way shape or form; yet I hear that it is built into
WAS.

Anyone with experience uninstalling JRun within CF App Server and replacing
with WAS please let me know where I should turn.

Thanks
Phil

Phil,
After your earlier post I checked out the Jakarta site and noted that
the only binary BSF download consists of a single jar; no TLDs, nothing
but the jar. Not having the time or inclination to download and build
the source, I didn't respond.
Perhaps you should check out this link:
<http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/bsfnews.html>
The last update (is that "news" or "olds") is dated a year ago.
Perhaps you're trying to utilize something which has fallen into disuse?
It could explain why nobody was leaping to your aid...
As to trying to replace JRun with WAS, don't even go there unless
you're willing to completely rewrite your app. Come to think of it,
that might not be such a bad idea as a number of frameworks encompass
the same functionality as ColdFusion tags, if not more. The fact that
they adhere to STANDARDS is a major bonus!