    What should I do to get started? What topics do I need to learn
    about? I tried looking at the source for the original client but it's
    in python and I have no idea what's going on. :) Thanks.
    Aaron Murray MacDonald, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Aaron Murray MacDonald

    Yan Guest

    Aaron Murray MacDonald wrote:
    > I've been taking classes in College that use C and Java, so I have some
    > experience with both. I want to make a Bit Torrent client in C with a
    > gui (for fun). However, I've never done any programming projects on my
    > own, just assignments and stuff and I don't really know where to start.
    > What should I do to get started? What topics do I need to learn
    > about? I tried looking at the source for the original client but it's
    > in python and I have no idea what's going on. :) Thanks.

    my suggestion: take up something MUCH MUCH simpler, as you will be lost
    to even where to start. If you're really interested, the protocol
    description is at http://bittorrent.com/protocol.html.

    This is also off-topic in this newsgroup
    Yan, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Aaron Murray MacDonald

    alex Guest

    "Yan" <> wrote in message
    > Aaron Murray MacDonald wrote:
    >> I've been taking classes in College that use C and Java, so I have some
    >> experience with both. I want to make a Bit Torrent client in C with a
    >> gui (for fun). However, I've never done any programming projects on my
    >> own, just assignments and stuff and I don't really know where to start.
    >> What should I do to get started? What topics do I need to learn about?
    >> I tried looking at the source for the original client but it's in python
    >> and I have no idea what's going on. :) Thanks.

    > my suggestion: take up something MUCH MUCH simpler, as you will be lost to
    > even where to start. If you're really interested, the protocol description
    > is at http://bittorrent.com/protocol.html.
    >
    > This is also off-topic in this newsgroup

    yes.. off topic you naughty boy
    *smack*

    The regulars in this ng will subject you to anal
    torture with a strap on dildo for such posts!
    alex, Jan 3, 2005
  4. On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:25:01 +1100, in comp.lang.c , "alex"
    <> wrote:

    >"Yan" <> wrote in message

    (after posting a redirection to the right place)

    >> This is also off-topic in this newsgroup

    >yes.. off topic you naughty boy
    >*smack*

    for goodness' sake, stop being such an idiot. If you don't like the topic
    here, go elsewhere.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    [...]
    > for goodness' sake, stop being such an idiot. If you don't like the topic
    > here, go elsewhere.

    Mark, *please* stop feeding the troll. He's unlikely to stop being an
    idiot, but he just might stop being an idiot *here* -- if we all
    ignore him.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Aaron Murray MacDonald

    Mac Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:25:01 +1100, alex wrote:

    > [...] strap on dildo [...]

    ITYM "strap-on," not "strap on."

    It is much easier to read if you hyphenate compound adjectives.

    --Mac
    Mac, Jan 4, 2005
  7. Aaron Murray MacDonald

    alex Guest

    The anwer was simple here keith, if people had followed the suggestions
    given by E. Robert Tisdale in the thread about off topic posts, I would
    have left everyone alone, people wanted to make a big deal of it, so I did
    too. Its quite simple, people keep firing bullets at me, i'll keep firing
    back.

    So if people had just "ignored" the off topic thread, instead of rubbing
    more salt into the wound, I would have shut up a long time ago.

    peace

    alex, Jan 4, 2005