i was unsuccessful in sending email using asp

Guest

i tried to send a email through asp using codes given on the book.
but there is an error saying:

ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'

what's that error for.,,and how can i correct it.

JoRo

Are you sure your server has CDONTS installed? ActiveX can't load the
component if it is not installed on the server. I think you can
download CDONTS, so try to google it.

Guest

Hi Sagar,

The error message <ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'>
that you are gettign through the code is because, CDONTS is a component
which needs to be created and then used for sending mails.
Now in your case you dont have the CDONTS installed on your server and hence
your code cannot create a object out of it to use..

This article explains which OS you have CDONTS installed and which OS dont
have it and what workaround you need to follow to install CDONTS :-

http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-email.asp

Here is a e.g of using CDONTS :-
http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/email_using_cdonts_tutorial.asp

*****************************
Hope This Helps,

Shaun, M.C.P
http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp

w66327

Hi,

It seems that cdonts.dll is not install and/or not register.

You can-

1. Download cdonts.dll, and put it in %windir%\system32\

2. In command prompt, enter
regsvr32 %windir%\systems32\cdonts.dll

System will prompt saying the dll has been registered.