I *will* get it right .....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by al jones, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. al jones

    al jones Guest

    but I'm not sure if I'll still(??) be sane when I do.

    I had the positioning working correctly after John suggest I use float:both
    for the .letterunit - but after taking off the borders and changing the
    inner seperator to a wider 'border'(?) I'm back at the same place I was
    before. .letterunit {clear: both} moves the text and images to below the
    index (as it appears does clear: left). clear: right puts the text /
    images back where they belong - until some section of the text is shorter
    than the associated image (same song - second - third - fourth verse ....)
    so that the next image / text pair shift to the right ....

    There are several other 'little quirks' that these changes have introduced
    - but this is my concern AGAIN DAMNIT! at the moment.

    Would one of you brave souls tell me what I munged up and how to fix it,
    I've spent the day in forefox changing css and I'm stuck again.

    Of course, any other comments are appreciated - even when they lead me down
    the primrose path ....

    --
    //al

    al jones, Jan 29, 2007

  2. al jones

    al jones Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:54:30 -0600, al jones wrote:

    > but I'm not sure if I'll still(??) be sane when I do.
    >
    > I had the positioning working correctly after John suggest I use float:both
    > for the .letterunit - but after taking off the borders and changing the
    > inner seperator to a wider 'border'(?) I'm back at the same place I was
    > before. .letterunit {clear: both} moves the text and images to below the
    > index (as it appears does clear: left). clear: right puts the text /
    > images back where they belong - until some section of the text is shorter
    > than the associated image (same song - second - third - fourth verse ....)
    > so that the next image / text pair shift to the right ....
    >
    > There are several other 'little quirks' that these changes have introduced
    > - but this is my concern AGAIN DAMNIT! at the moment.
    >
    > Would one of you brave souls tell me what I munged up and how to fix it,
    > I've spent the day in forefox changing css and I'm stuck again.
    >
    > Of course, any other comments are appreciated - even when they lead me down
    > the primrose path ....

    but it would help if I included a link again ... it's been a long day
    http://aljones.us/630811vad.html shows the problem if the viewport is wide
    enough.

    --
    //al