I would like to use unsupported variant type VT_I8 and VT_UI4.

Stephan Meszaros

Hi, I am a newbie with PERL and I writing a script to access some
ActiveX methods that are using VT_I8 and VT_UI4.
I have succeeded so far accessing other methods that are using the
supported types in the Win32::OLE::Variant module.

How hard would it be to add support for the VT_I8 and VT_UI4 variant
types?
Where do I start?

Thank you!
Stephan

Jay Tilton

:
: How hard would it be to add support for the VT_I8 and VT_UI4 variant
: types?
: Where do I start?

It _might_ be as easy as adding them to the Win32::OLE::Variant module.

sub VT_UI4 {19;}
sub VT_I8 {20;}

Or it might require more work. Try asking ActiveState about it--contact
information is in the Win32::OLE documentation.