I would really like the code for a dome in vpython

Ali

Please anyone I would really like the code for makinga dome in
vpython. I would like to be able to adjust he color, axis, radius, and
pos.

Arthur

Please anyone I would really like the code for makinga dome in
vpython. I would like to be able to adjust he color, axis, radius, and
pos.

You will lucky to find something readymade for VPython.

This looks like it would be helpful for finding dome corrdinates,
which you can then use to plug-in to VPython:

http://www.applied-synergetics.com/ashp/html/domes.html

And Kirby is probably an excellent source of information in the area
of the intersection of domes/Python/VPython. He knows a good deal
about each of these things.

I don't know whether he monitors this list. You might try posting to
(e-mail address removed) which I know he monitors, to see if he has
something to suggest.

I might have some other suggestions if a understood what you were
trying to accomplish, and why.

Art

Ali

I might have some other suggestions if a understood what you were
trying to accomplish, and why.

I am just trying to make a dome in vpython. I am trying to render
images of mosques that I am making.

Ali

Arthur said:
You will lucky to find something readymade for VPython.

This looks like it would be helpful for finding dome corrdinates,
which you can then use to plug-in to VPython:

http://www.applied-synergetics.com/ashp/html/domes.html

And Kirby is probably an excellent source of information in the area
of the intersection of domes/Python/VPython. He knows a good deal
about each of these things.

I don't know whether he monitors this list. You might try posting to
(e-mail address removed) which I know he monitors, to see if he has
something to suggest.

I might have some other suggestions if a understood what you were
trying to accomplish, and why.

Art

I went to the link you gave but the link to download the software is broken. :(

Please Help

Cousin Stanley

I went to the link you gave but the link to download the software is broken. :(

Ali ....

You might try the following link
for dome/windome software from Synergetics ....

http://www.applied-synergetics.com/ashp/html/windome_readme.html

This is a 6 frame animated GIF I put together back in 2001
using this software which shows full geodesic spheres
constructed from an icosahedron base ....

http://fastq.com/~sckitching/Icosa_1_thru_6.htm
[ 940 KB ]

The sphere becomes more and more rounded
as the division frequency of the icosahedron
increases ....

Ali

Cousin Stanley said:
I went to the link you gave but the link to download the software is broken. :(

Ali ....

You might try the following link
for dome/windome software from Synergetics ....

http://www.applied-synergetics.com/ashp/html/windome_readme.html

This is a 6 frame animated GIF I put together back in 2001
using this software which shows full geodesic spheres
constructed from an icosahedron base ....

http://fastq.com/~sckitching/Icosa_1_thru_6.htm
[ 940 KB ]

The sphere becomes more and more rounded
as the division frequency of the icosahedron
increases ....

I will try those links thanks