i18n charset question

Kamus of Kadizhar

I have a snippet of code like this:

#define LETTERS_ARRAY_LENGTH 3
static char *letters_array[LETTERS_ARRAY_LENGTH] = {
"0123456789",
G_CSET_A_2_Z,
G_CSET_a_2_z
};

which hardcodes the standard ASCII alphabet. What I want to do is to fill
the array letters_array with the letters appropriate to the locale
setting, so for example, if the locale is cs_CZ it would have the
appropriate · and ´ symbols so letters like è are included in the
string, or if the locale is set to ja_JP then the array is filled with
the appropriate hiragana, katakana, romaji, and kanji.

In other words, the symbol set would be generated at run time based on the
user's LANG=xx_YY setting.

Any sources for doing this? How does one extract specific
country/language character sets from unicode?

--Kamus

in comp.lang.c i read:
In other words, the symbol set would be generated at run time based on the
user's LANG=xx_YY setting.

Any sources for doing this? How does one extract specific
country/language character sets from unicode?

there is nothing in standard c. there are other projects that might be of
interest to you[*], though in most cases they are about making use of the
data, rather than providing the data itself, still the tools those projects
use or some functions of the project might lend itself to you.

[*] e.g., <http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/>.