    anybody a simple testbench example?

    Help.

    Tomas

    Tomas, May 4, 2005

  2. Tomas

    Eric Guest

    If you have a copy of Circuit Cellar

    ISSUE 176
    March 2005
    Control an FPGA with I2C, by Roberto Ferrabone, p. 60

    There is a good I2C test bench written in VHDL. This article also has a
    very good description of the I2C protocol.

    It is worth the $5 to get the back issue in print.

    www.circuitcellar.com

    Eric

    Eric, May 4, 2005

  3. Tomas

    Guest

    On Wed, 4 May 2005, Tomas wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > has anybody successfully used this core? What I need to do seems to me
    > really really simple: configure a couple of settings of a transceiver
    > (operation frequency, transmitting mode, etc.). I was asked to do this
    > with a i2c bus.
    >
    > I'm stuck creating the test bench just to do some read/write test. Has
    > anybody a simple testbench example?
    >
    > Help.
    >
    > Tomas

    Hi,
    I don't have a test bench but we have used it successfully with
    serial Ram, an ultrasonic rangefinder & compass module all on the same i2c
    bus.

    Synthesised with quartus IIv3.0 to an apex20ke & nios, also to same device
    in a 'pure' hardware (no processor) design. The latter was for an
    autonomous mobile robot.

    There are a couple of gotchas with using it, took a logic analyzer to find
    them.

    mail me if you need the details.

    nigel g.

    --
    Nigel Gunton Phone : +44/0 117 32 83167 /"\
    Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical & Computer Engineering, \ /

    , May 19, 2005