IBM Passticket Algorithm

PMA

Hi, all

I am looking for an algorithm (whatever language suche a C/C++/Java) to
make a Passticket password implementation for an IBM MVS RACF login.

If any one knows ...

Regards

Oliver Wong

PMA said:
Thanx I already got it it does not really help ...

Why not? You said you wanted "an algorithm (whatever language suche a
C/C++/Java) to make a Passticket". The page has such an algorithm, though I
don't recognize what language it's written in:

<quote>
* PASSTICKET GENERATION
GEN DS 0H
SETAMOD 31
MODESET KEY=ZERO,MODE=SUP
L R15,16 Get pointer to CVT
USING CVT,R15 Make CVT addressable
L R15,CVTRAC Get pointer to RACF CVT (RCVT)
USING RCVT,R15 Make RCVT addressable
L R15,RCVTPTGN Get pointer to PassTicket rtn
CALL (15),(USERID,APPNAME) Call PassTicket generator
ST R15,RC SAVE RETURN-CODE
STM R0,R1,PTKTFLD Store PassTicket in PTKTFLD
MODESET KEY=NZERO,MODE=PROB
SETAMOD 24
* DATA
DS 0D
PTKTFLD DS CL8
USERID DS 0CL9 Userid Structure:
USERIDL DS AL1(7) -> NUMBER OF USERID CHARACTER
USERIDN DS CL8'IBMUSER '
APPNAME DS 0CL9 APPL Name Structure:
APPNAMEL DS AL1(4) -> NUMBER OF APPNAME CHARACTER
APPNAMEN DS CL8'IMS1 '
RC DS F Return Code
LTORG
CVT DSECT=YES,LIST=NO
ICHPRCVT

* Return Code + Description *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* 0 Successful completion. The resulting session key is*
* contained in general purpose registers 0 and 1. *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* 4 Incorrect PassTicket *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* 8 No PTKTDATA profile found for the application *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* C No task or address space ACEE found, and the ACEE *
* pointer was not specified on the input parameter *
* list. *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* 10 Caller is not authorized *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
* 14 The RACF PTKTDATA class is not active *
*-----------------+----------------------------------------------------*
</quote>

- Oliver

PMA

Why not? You said you wanted "an algorithm (whatever language suche a
C/C++/Java) to make a Passticket". The page has such an algorithm, though I
don't recognize what language it's written in:

This is written in mainframe (MVS) assembly language, so it does not
really help ... because this code only calls a mainframe service that
retrieves a passticket ...

Thanx