ICallbackEventHandler and Mozilla

begemot

Hi

My question is about javascript function WebForm_DoCallback. This
function performs callback request. But the thing is that if I use
Mozilla, I can't send anisochronous request. XMLHttpRequest supports
anisochronous request as well as IE, but implementation of
WebForm_DoCallback doesn't allow to do this requests

So what should I do in this case?

Diego van Beek

I use a bit of Javascript to tweak Mozilla, it's a line in WebResource.axd
that's causing the problem.

if (typeof Node != 'undefined') {
if (typeof Node.children == 'undefined') {
eval('Node.prototype.children getter = function() {return
this.childNodes;}') {

Register with Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript();

Hope it helps,
Diego

begemot

Thanks a lot!

But I have already found this solution.
About Mozilla - callback requests work fine except one thing, they can
be only synchronous, so if you send a callback request then your
browser freezes while it is waiting the response. That's bad.

So it would be very good if guyes from Microsoft fix this issue and It
would be quite interesting to listen their opinion about all this
things.