Icollection List and Ilist

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Logger, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Logger

    Logger Guest

    I have two datasets wher I populate a dropdown list on startup, depending on
    radio button setting. If rbA then use ds_A, if rbB use ds_B. What is the
    best way to store the datasets so I can populate the dropdown list without
    having to connect to the db and repopulate the datasets every time? Below is
    an example of one of my radio buton _checkedChanged event.

    If rb_A.Checked Then
    rb_B.Checked = False
    ddlhs.Items.Clear()
    ddlhs.DataSource = ds_A.Tables(0).DefaultView
    ddlhs.DataTextField = "Name"
    ddlhs.DataValueField = "Schoolid"
    ddlhs.DataBind()
    ddlhs.Items.Insert(0, New ListItem)
    End If

    I’m thinking that I have to use ICollection List and ILIST but I’m not sure
    how that would work. With autopostback I keep re-initializing my objects.
    Help!!

    Logger, Jul 13, 2007