icon change

bob smith

I have a Swing app, and I want to change the icon that shows in the bottom bar when it runs.

Anyone know how to do that?

Right now, it's a coffee cup.

FredK

I have a Swing app, and I want to change the icon that shows in the bottom bar when it runs. Anyone know how to do that? Right now, it's a coffee cup.

frame.setIconImage(image);

Roedy Green

I have a Swing app, and I want to change the icon that shows in the bottom bar when it runs.

Anyone know how to do that?

I don't know about that particular icon, but in general you change
those sorts of thing by changing the Look and Feel or writing your own
L&F or writing one that modifies another.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/laf.html
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

bob smith

That's because the Windows task bar automatically picks up the frame's

icon, whereas the Mac OS X environment uses a totally different

technique. It's picking up the icon of the application actually

running, which is Java itself. To change that, you'll have to learn how

to "bundle" a Mac app.

--

Steve W. Jackson

Montgomery, Alabama

Yeah, I figured out how to bundle a Mac app.

I guess I was hoping though to have a single JAR file that would be icon-correct on Windows and Mac.

FredK

Note that frame.setIconImage(image) also works with most Unix and Linux window managers.