Icons with alpha channel and MFC

myself

Hi i have VS .NET 2002 and want to display icon with alpha channel on a
dialog (using MFC)

I get no transparency but anything that is less visible than 100% gets
black. any ideas?

thanx for answer

Phlip

myself said:
Hi i have VS .NET 2002 and want to display icon with alpha channel on a
dialog (using MFC)

I get no transparency but anything that is less visible than 100% gets
black. any ideas?

For the love of [pick a diety], why are you using MFC on a .NET platform?
Either use the new WinForms system, or use WTL.

And post questions like these to on-topic newsgroups, like the MSDN managed
ones, so you won't get off-topic answers.

There, you'll find plenty of people who love MFC. This is called the
"Stockholm Syndrom".

myself

U¿ytkownik "Phlip said:
myself said:
Hi i have VS .NET 2002 and want to display icon with alpha channel on a
dialog (using MFC)

I get no transparency but anything that is less visible than 100% gets
black. any ideas?

For the love of [pick a diety], why are you using MFC on a .NET platform?
Either use the new WinForms system, or use WTL.

And post questions like these to on-topic newsgroups, like the MSDN managed
ones, so you won't get off-topic answers.

There, you'll find plenty of people who love MFC. This is called the
"Stockholm Syndrom".

I dont love MFC. .NET is just too big for my small tool application
(bandwidth usage monitor). Anyway I think .Net is too unstable and
underdevelopped to do more than webpages with it ;)

Why people call it "Stockholm Syndrom"??

John Harrison

U¿ytkownik "Phlip said:
myself said:
Hi i have VS .NET 2002 and want to display icon with alpha channel on a
dialog (using MFC)

I get no transparency but anything that is less visible than 100% gets
black. any ideas?

For the love of [pick a diety], why are you using MFC on a .NET
platform?
Either use the new WinForms system, or use WTL.

And post questions like these to on-topic newsgroups, like the MSDN managed
ones, so you won't get off-topic answers.

There, you'll find plenty of people who love MFC. This is called the
"Stockholm Syndrom".

I dont love MFC. .NET is just too big for my small tool application
(bandwidth usage monitor). Anyway I think .Net is too unstable and
underdevelopped to do more than webpages with it ;)

Why people call it "Stockholm Syndrom"??

The Stockholm Syndrome is when hostages start to identify with their
captors. I think Phlip was being sarcastic (but he was right on the money
IMHO).

john

Thomas Matthews

http://www.google.com responded with:
http://www.yahoodi.com/peace/stockholm.html

From: http://www.sniggle.net/stock.php
As to whether Stockholm Syndrome applies to customers of abusive
service providers (Microsoft, AOL, Blockbuster Video, etc.), I think
this is much more akin to the behavior of a battered spouse. In order to
justfy bad choices, people will often rationalize and defend their
tormentors, even to the extent of projecting the same aspects onto other
people's spouses and providers: ``Her husband really is mean to her, and
her Mac crashes just as often as my PC.''

I have noticed that people usually love their new cars for at least a
year, no matter what kind of lemon they've bought: ``Yeah, my Saturn's
been in the shop a few times, but I still believe in the concept. By the
way, have you seen my new Gateway PC?

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Phlip

myself said:
I dont love MFC. .NET is just too big for my small tool application
(bandwidth usage monitor). Anyway I think .Net is too unstable and
underdevelopped to do more than webpages with it ;)

C++ provides more than enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot. I can
program WTL and C++ faster than anyone in any language, with fewer bugs,
because I'm completely profficient. But I can't recommend C++ to anyone,
including me.

Our industry lives in interesting times.

If you simply must use C++, then use WTL. It has all the good bits of MFC,
but with a much smaller conceptual footprint.