ICS File (used with Outlook)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBBc215dGg=?=, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Hello..
    I'm trying to build an ics file that I can attach to an E-Mail programmatically
    I have succeeded in building one for a meeting and it works fine
    Building the file is no problem the structure is spelled out on
    http://www.imc.org
    The problem is when I try to build one for a task, Outlook can't import it
    I get the message "Cannot import vCalendar file"
    I suspect that something must be wrong with the file structure.
    I'm hoping someone might have some examples of an ICS file for a task (todo) that works
    The other possibility is that the file type for a task is something other than ics

    a sample of the file I created follows

    BEGIN:VCALENDA
    PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 9.0 MIMEDIR//E
    VERSION:2.
    BEGIN:VTOD
    UID:
    ORGANIZER:MAILTO:
    ATTENDEE;CN="joe";ROLE=OPT-PARTICIPANT;RSVP=FALSE:MAILTO:
    DTSTAMP:20040414T161733
    DTSTART:20040419T210000
    DUE:20040422T230000
    SUMMARY:A Tas
    PRIORITY:
    STATUS:NEEDS-ACTIO
    END:VTOD
    END:VCALENDA

    Any help would be appreciated

    John

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBBc215dGg=?=, Apr 14, 2004