ICU 3.4 Compilation Using Intel C++ Compiler 9.0 with Cygwin

Vinay

Hello,

I have to compile the ICU 3.4 Using Intel C++ Compiler 9.0 with Cygwin
on Windows Server 2003 (IA 64 machine).

But I am facing a lot of difficulties.

1. I tried to compile a simple c program
//Program.c
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
printf("Hello");
}

$icl Program.c

it generates the following output:

Intel(R) C++ Itanium(R) Compiler for Itanium(R)-based applications
Version 9.0 Build 20050430 Package ID: W_CC_P_9.0.019
Copyright (C) 1985-2005 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
30 DAY EVALUATION LICENSE

icl: NOTE: The evaluation period for this product ends on 13-sep-2007
UTC.
a.c
link: invalid option -- o
Try `link --help' for more information.

Can anybody suggest what may be the problem.

2. when I compile ICU 34. using ./runConfigure Cygwin\ICL option it
gives the error

$ ./runConfigureICU Cygwin/ICL
Running ./configure for Windows with Cygwin using Intel C++ compiler

checking for ICU version numbers... release 3.4.1, library 34.1
checking build system type... i586-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i586-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... icl
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

How this can be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Vinay

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

[...]

I doubt that that is the message you'll get if you try to compile the
code shown above. It should not compile at all, even less try to link.

Anyway, compilers, linkers, and such things, are off-topic in this
group, for help on how to setup and use your compiler consult a group
discussing your compiler. I'm quite sure that Intel have excellent
documentations for their compilers.
2. when I compile ICU 34. using ./runConfigure Cygwin\ICL option it
gives the error

$ ./runConfigureICU Cygwin/ICL
Running ./configure for Windows with Cygwin using Intel C++ compiler

checking for ICU version numbers... release 3.4.1, library 34.1
checking build system type... i586-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i586-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... icl
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

How this can be resolved?