ICU Country Codes

Travis

I am new to ICU and would to list all the countries supported for a
user to select which one they want.

I am dealing with currency and am also looking to customize the layout
by moving the symbol to the right or left of the value as well as
changing the delimiters from commas to periods etc.

I am going through the ICU documentation but it's massive, any
direction is appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest

I am new to ICU and would to list all the countries supported for a
user to select which one they want.

I am dealing with currency and am also looking to customize the layout
by moving the symbol to the right or left of the value as well as
changing the delimiters from commas to periods etc.

I am going through the ICU documentation but it's massive, any
direction is appreciated.

Sorry, I do not know what ICU is, but it is not topical in this group.
For help with ICU you need to find a forum that discuss ICU.

Victor Bazarov

Erik said:
Sorry, I do not know what ICU is, but it is not topical in this group.
For help with ICU you need to find a forum that discuss ICU.

I bet the 'C' in ICU stands for "currency", and 'U' probably stands for
"unit". The 'I' could be "international". In any case, the question
does seem related to locales, which is part of the language, and hence
perfectly OK.

We just need Travis to elaborate a bit, probably. Also, perhaps the
FAQ 5.8 could be of some help.

Travis

I bet the 'C' in ICU stands for "currency", and 'U' probably stands for
"unit". The 'I' could be "international". In any case, the question
does seem related to locales, which is part of the language, and hence
perfectly OK.

We just need Travis to elaborate a bit, probably. Also, perhaps the
FAQ 5.8 could be of some help.

Thanks. So ICU is a wonderful library for handling
internationalization of all times, currency, times, dates, and just
text. It's a very easy way to get your program supported across the
globe!

http://icu-project.org/userguide/icufaq.html

ICU is cross platform so maybe if I could find an ICU specific group
on here they could help. Thanks.