IDE for JSP with tags

debtor

I am looking for an IDE (free or otherwise) similar to HTML editor which has
'preview' (WYSWYG) and 'edit' modes but also work when tags (Struts and
JSTL) are used within the JSP pages. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thank you

Andrew Thompson

I am looking for an IDE (free or otherwise) similar to HTML editor

...What is that?
...which has 'preview' (WYSWYG)

WYSIWYG is not a concept that applies to web-pages, unless they are
designed extremely badly (every last detail specified in a way that
is understood by most browsers - thereby 'locking' the text size,
screen width etc.).

Instead, make web pages that flow, and let the (damn) pixels fall
where they may, as per the user's current preferences.

Lucy

Andrew Thompson said:
..What is that?

WYSIWYG is not a concept that applies to web-pages, unless they are
designed extremely badly (every last detail specified in a way that
is understood by most browsers - thereby 'locking' the text size,
screen width etc.).

Instead, make web pages that flow, and let the (damn) pixels fall
where they may, as per the user's current preferences.
I think the OP is looking for something that will bring up a list of stuff
when s/he hoovers over a JSP tag. Is this right?

debtor

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. IDE = Intergrated Development Environment.
Eclipse, JBuilder, Netbean are some of them. I guess I am looking for a HTML
editor (with 'preview' mode) that won't complain when tags used. Thanks