    'preview' (WYSWYG) and 'edit' modes but also work when tags (Struts and
    JSTL) are used within the JSP pages. Does anyone have a recommendation?
    Thank you

    debtor, Jun 9, 2005

  2. On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:31:27 GMT, debtor wrote:

    > I am looking for an IDE (free or otherwise) similar to HTML editor

    ...What is that?

    >...which has 'preview' (WYSWYG)

    WYSIWYG is not a concept that applies to web-pages, unless they are
    designed extremely badly (every last detail specified in a way that
    is understood by most browsers - thereby 'locking' the text size,
    screen width etc.).

    Instead, make web pages that flow, and let the (damn) pixels fall
    where they may, as per the user's current preferences.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 9, 2005

  3. debtor

    Lucy Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:31:27 GMT, debtor wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for an IDE (free or otherwise) similar to HTML editor

    > ..What is that?
    >
    > >...which has 'preview' (WYSWYG)

    > WYSIWYG is not a concept that applies to web-pages, unless they are
    > designed extremely badly (every last detail specified in a way that
    > is understood by most browsers - thereby 'locking' the text size,
    > screen width etc.).
    >
    > Instead, make web pages that flow, and let the (damn) pixels fall
    > where they may, as per the user's current preferences.

    I think the OP is looking for something that will bring up a list of stuff
    when s/he hoovers over a JSP tag. Is this right?

    Lucy, Jun 9, 2005
  4. debtor

    debtor Guest

    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. IDE = Intergrated Development Environment.
    Eclipse, JBuilder, Netbean are some of them. I guess I am looking for a HTML
    editor (with 'preview' mode) that won't complain when tags used. Thanks

    debtor, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Andrew Thompson, Jun 14, 2005
  6. > I am looking for an IDE (free or otherwise) similar to HTML editor which has
    > 'preview' (WYSWYG) and 'edit' modes but also work when tags (Struts and
    > JSTL) are used within the JSP pages. Does anyone have a recommendation?

    http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/WebPlus/download.asp

    Andrew Thompson, the bore you want to ignore

    Martijn Mulder, Jun 14, 2005