IDE is super slow

Cirene

I have VS2008 and the IDE is super slow. I updated to the latest version. Is
there a way to find out why it's acting so slow?

gerry

maybe its just me , but the hot fix never did anything to help with this
problem -I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up every time this subject
surfaces.

Teemu Keiski

Maybe because it is the official fix. Sp1 also contains pretty good
improvements, so I suggest trying ti (beta SP doesn't mean beta quality but
it isn't decided what the SP will eventually contains)

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

If it has, sp1 hasn't fixed the problem. It's doggggggg slow. There's a
couple things you can do. You can try disabling the start page connection
which tries to download content on startup. That slows things down. If you
are in the xaml editor, close it before running your app. Other than that, I
think it is just a problem with the ide. imo

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

Cirene

I'm using alot of the telerik controls. When I get deep inside of the
editor, like working inside a itemtemplate of a formview inside of a radgrid
template, etc... It's REALLY slow... like i'm typing in space. It's VERY
annoying.