    Cirene Guest

    I have VS2008 and the IDE is super slow. I updated to the latest version. Is
    there a way to find out why it's acting so slow?

    Cirene, May 23, 2008

  2. Cirene

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    there is hotfix for it, and also beta of the service pack 1

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...eb-development-hot-fix-roll-up-available.aspx
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...nd-net-framework-3-5-service-pack-1-beta.aspx

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, May 23, 2008

  3. Cirene

    gerry Guest

    maybe its just me , but the hot fix never did anything to help with this
    problem -I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up every time this subject
    surfaces.

    gerry, May 23, 2008
  4. Cirene

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Maybe because it is the official fix. Sp1 also contains pretty good
    improvements, so I suggest trying ti (beta SP doesn't mean beta quality but
    it isn't decided what the SP will eventually contains)

    Teemu Keiski, May 23, 2008
  5. Eliyahu Goldin, May 25, 2008
  6. If it has, sp1 hasn't fixed the problem. It's doggggggg slow. There's a
    couple things you can do. You can try disabling the start page connection
    which tries to download content on startup. That slows things down. If you
    are in the xaml editor, close it before running your app. Other than that, I
    think it is just a problem with the ide. imo

    --

    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
    Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], May 26, 2008
  7. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    I'm using alot of the telerik controls. When I get deep inside of the
    editor, like working inside a itemtemplate of a formview inside of a radgrid
    template, etc... It's REALLY slow... like i'm typing in space. It's VERY
    annoying.

    "Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]" <vapor dan using hot male spam filter> wrote in
    message news:...

    Cirene, May 26, 2008