Ideal HTML code?

red_dragon2983

I need to know the answer for this question:
What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.

Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!

--Mark Seymour

Els

red_dragon2983 said:
I need to know the answer for this question:
What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.

I don't get it.
I'd say the ideal code would be HTML, but it appears you already
settled for that, as you're asking answers from HTML gurus.
So.. can you be more specific as to what you mean by "code" in the
phrase "ideal code" ?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

red_dragon2983 said:
I mean, the code used in the pages i.e.

Yes, that would be ideal. Sort of.

You haven't asked an answerable question, as I see it.

red_dragon2983

I should have made this more clearer.
What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
editor like ScITE.
like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
whatnot.
I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

Arne

Once said:
I should have made this more clearer.
What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
editor like ScITE.
like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
whatnot.
I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Google Group Users, read about The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Michael Laplante

red_dragon2983 said:
I mean, the code used in the pages i.e.

To use an analogy, it's like asking what are the ideal construction
materials to make a house. It depends on the type of house you want, where
it's located, size, etc. FIRST you design the house, then decide the
materials that will best do the job.

Generally, you start with "the end in mind" -- i.e. the intended goal & feel
of the site -- THEN work backward to see what code will achieve that
objective. You might find it easier to browse some of the free template
sites on the web, or sites that you feel approximate what you are trying to
achieve then use "View source" to get a sense of the coding requirements.
Save the page to your computer, then start playing around with the code
yourself to see the effects of your changes. Re-shape it to your needs.

Along the way, you can check out online tutorials to help you figure out
what's happening with the code. Use a good text editor that will let you
save whole snippets of code -- very useful. Notetab Lite is a good one (it's
free).

Ed Mullen

red_dragon2983 said:
I need to know the answer for this question:
What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.

Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!

--Mark Seymour

There is no answer to your question that is meaningfully helpful. Even
the additional comments you made in other replies doesn't help. It's
kind of like saying: "I want to do some home repairs (like, woodwork,
tile, carpeting, electrical ...) What's the ideal toolbox to buy?"

Perhaps what you might do is describe in detail what you want to
accomplish and/or post a URL pointing us to what you've done so far.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

red_dragon2983

That's a pretty good idea :) thanks.
[...] or sites that you feel approximate what you are trying to
achieve then use "View source" to get a sense of the coding requirements. [...]

Well, to me, that's considered emulating, which truthfully, I've been
doing for a while (around December 23rd 2005 to be exact!) But if I
must continue, then so be it. One of these days, I will get something
that I will truly enjoy and keep.

Mark

nyc said:
I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...
Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that
I like, and just do it.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "red_dragon2983" <markseymour.89
@hotmail.com> vouchsafed:
I should have made this more clearer.
What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
editor like ScITE.
like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
whatnot.
I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
employed for layout, etc., etc.

Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
appaearance.

If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
such phrase.

Marvel

Mark said:
Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that I
like, and just do it.
This is not my post but while I have you all here I would really appreciate
some criticism on my rookie homemade novice site, drfixup.com Thanks

JDS

Well, to me, that's considered emulating, which truthfully, I've been
doing for a while (around December 23rd 2005 to be exact!) But if I
must continue, then so be it. One of these days, I will get something
that I will truly enjoy and keep.

It is now May 19, 2006.

May 19 - Dec 26...
hmmm...

That isn't even five full months! I realize it is all relative, but even
by a young person's standards (say, high school age) 5 months shouldn't
really be considered "a while" for a subject as rich and variable as,
well, as *anything* having to do with computers, HTML included.

Not trying to give you a hard time here, just understand that I, for
example, still "emulate", as you put it, and I have been doing this stuff
since 1997.

red_dragon2983

Neredbojias pondered on 5/18/2006 9:50 PM:
The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
employed for layout, etc., etc.

I will try that.
Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
appaearance.

If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
such phrase.

thanks :)