    I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.

    Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!

    --Mark Seymour

    red_dragon2983, May 18, 2006

  2. red_dragon2983

    Els Guest

    red_dragon2983 wrote:

    > I need to know the answer for this question:
    > What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
    > pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
    > I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.

    I don't get it.
    I'd say the ideal code would be HTML, but it appears you already
    settled for that, as you're asking answers from HTML gurus.
    So.. can you be more specific as to what you mean by "code" in the
    phrase "ideal code" ?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Skid Row - Piece Of Me

    Els, May 18, 2006

  3. I mean, the code used in the pages i.e.

    red_dragon2983, May 18, 2006
  4. red_dragon2983 wrote:

    > I mean, the code used in the pages i.e.

    Yes, that would be ideal. Sort of.

    You haven't asked an answerable question, as I see it.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 18, 2006
  5. I should have made this more clearer.
    What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
    eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
    editor like ScITE.
    like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
    whatnot.
    I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

    red_dragon2983, May 18, 2006
  6. red_dragon2983

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *red_dragon2983* wrote:
    > I should have made this more clearer.
    > What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
    > eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
    > editor like ScITE.
    > like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
    > whatnot.
    > I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

    How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
    From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Google Group Users, read about The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    --
    /Arne

    Arne, May 18, 2006
  7. "red_dragon2983" <> wrote in message
    >I mean, the code used in the pages i.e.

    To use an analogy, it's like asking what are the ideal construction
    materials to make a house. It depends on the type of house you want, where
    it's located, size, etc. FIRST you design the house, then decide the
    materials that will best do the job.

    Generally, you start with "the end in mind" -- i.e. the intended goal & feel
    of the site -- THEN work backward to see what code will achieve that
    objective. You might find it easier to browse some of the free template
    sites on the web, or sites that you feel approximate what you are trying to
    achieve then use "View source" to get a sense of the coding requirements.
    Save the page to your computer, then start playing around with the code
    yourself to see the effects of your changes. Re-shape it to your needs.

    Along the way, you can check out online tutorials to help you figure out
    what's happening with the code. Use a good text editor that will let you
    save whole snippets of code -- very useful. Notetab Lite is a good one (it's
    free).

    Michael Laplante, May 18, 2006
  8. red_dragon2983

    Ed Mullen Guest

    red_dragon2983 wrote:
    > I need to know the answer for this question:
    > What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
    > pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
    > I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.
    >
    > Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!
    >
    > --Mark Seymour

    There is no answer to your question that is meaningfully helpful. Even
    the additional comments you made in other replies doesn't help. It's
    kind of like saying: "I want to do some home repairs (like, woodwork,
    tile, carpeting, electrical ...) What's the ideal toolbox to buy?"

    Perhaps what you might do is describe in detail what you want to
    accomplish and/or post a URL pointing us to what you've done so far.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 18, 2006
  9. That's a pretty good idea :) thanks.

    > [...] or sites that you feel approximate what you are trying to
    > achieve then use "View source" to get a sense of the coding requirements. [...]

    Well, to me, that's considered emulating, which truthfully, I've been
    doing for a while (around December 23rd 2005 to be exact!) But if I
    must continue, then so be it. One of these days, I will get something
    that I will truly enjoy and keep.

    red_dragon2983, May 18, 2006
  10. red_dragon2983

    nyc kid Guest

    I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...

    nyc kid, May 18, 2006
  11. red_dragon2983

    Mark Guest

    nyc kid wrote:
    > I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...
    >
    > "red_dragon2983" <> wrote in message
    >> I need to know the answer for this question:
    >> What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
    >> pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
    >> I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.
    >>
    >> Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!
    >>
    >> --Mark Seymour

    Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that
    I like, and just do it.

    Mark, May 18, 2006
  12. Arne pondered on 5/18/2006 6:10 PM:
    > Once upon a time *red_dragon2983* wrote:
    >> I should have made this more clearer.
    >> What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
    >> eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
    >> editor like ScITE.
    >> like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
    >> whatnot.
    >> I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;
    >>

    > How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
    > From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
    >
    > Google Group Users, read about The Usenet Improvement Project:
    > http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    Already done! :)

    --
    Mark Seymour

    http://hidden.dread-hollow.com/

    red_dragon2983, May 19, 2006
  13. red_dragon2983

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "red_dragon2983" <markseymour.89
    @hotmail.com> vouchsafed:

    > I should have made this more clearer.
    > What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
    > eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
    > editor like ScITE.
    > like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
    > whatnot.
    > I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

    The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
    semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
    valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
    employed for layout, etc., etc.

    Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
    appaearance.

    If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
    such phrase.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, May 19, 2006
  14. red_dragon2983

    Marvel Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > nyc kid wrote:
    >> I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...
    >>
    >> "red_dragon2983" <> wrote in message
    >>> I need to know the answer for this question:
    >>> What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
    >>> pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
    >>> I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!
    >>>
    >>> --Mark Seymour
    >>>

    > Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that I
    > like, and just do it.

    This is not my post but while I have you all here I would really appreciate
    some criticism on my rookie homemade novice site, drfixup.com Thanks

    Marvel, May 19, 2006
  15. red_dragon2983

    JDS Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:03:57 -0700, red_dragon2983 wrote:

    > Well, to me, that's considered emulating, which truthfully, I've been
    > doing for a while (around December 23rd 2005 to be exact!) But if I
    > must continue, then so be it. One of these days, I will get something
    > that I will truly enjoy and keep.

    It is now May 19, 2006.

    May 19 - Dec 26...
    hmmm...

    That isn't even five full months! I realize it is all relative, but even
    by a young person's standards (say, high school age) 5 months shouldn't
    really be considered "a while" for a subject as rich and variable as,
    well, as *anything* having to do with computers, HTML included.

    Not trying to give you a hard time here, just understand that I, for
    example, still "emulate", as you put it, and I have been doing this stuff
    since 1997.

    --
    JDS | lid

    JDS, May 19, 2006
  16. Neredbojias pondered on 5/18/2006 9:50 PM:
    > The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
    > semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
    > valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
    > employed for layout, etc., etc.

    I will try that.

    > Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
    > appaearance.
    >
    > If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
    > such phrase.

    thanks :)

    red_dragon2983, May 19, 2006