Ideas for changing CSS on fly?

Ian

Hi there,

I am writing a web application that is basically a search engine anybody can
tag onto there website. It is beginning to work well but I also give the
owner of the website a control panel so that when he/she enters the control
panel they can change the way it will display on there site, I plan on using
CSS for this..

My question is, anybody else done this and have examples or ideas?

otherwise my direction would be to store all the color and config data in a
database so when they tag the search engine onto there site I would have to
use in line <% %> etc to pull out all the CSS from the db and replace the
existing.. Seems a bit messy really

Any other ideas or comments?

Really appreciated

Ian

clintonG

I started a project some time ago that can be seen at [1] by
mousing around under the home icon but I've been kept too busy
trying to learn C# and the DNF to continue refining the concept.

It currently requires using script to swap out style sheets which
has been very common. I've been keeping thoughts in the back
of my mind regarding building a single style sheet dynamically by
pulling the various CSS selector values from a database before
sending the .css back to the browser.

Once you mine the .css files let me know what you think of
the schema I devised.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com