Ideas for final project?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Charulatha Kalluri, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Hello folks,

    I'm on the lookout for project ideas for a C++ class. The project should:

    -Be a "fairly complex" application

    -Contain elements such as inheritance, STL, and dynamic memory allocation

    -Be reasonable to complete in 1 month :)

    I came across a few interesting ones:

    -Simple Word game

    -Encryption scheme

    -Interactive Quiz/Test

    I'm relatively new, so I'm wondering how complex these might be to
    implement?

    Also, other ideas are welcome.

    Thanks in advance!

    CK

    Charulatha Kalluri, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Charulatha Kalluri

    Atlas Guest

    None of them is difficult; however, it depends. I'll choose the second one
    if I were you.

    Atlas, Dec 22, 2004

  3. "Charulatha Kalluri" <> wrote in message
    > I'm on the lookout for project ideas for a C++ class. The project should:
    >
    > -Be a "fairly complex" application
    > -Contain elements such as inheritance, STL, and dynamic memory allocation
    > -Be reasonable to complete in 1 month :)
    >
    > I came across a few interesting ones:
    > -Simple Word game
    > -Encryption scheme
    > -Interactive Quiz/Test

    For this third item, I'm not sure what you mean.
    Yes if it is something like implementing a state machine
    (e.g. "Here's the spec of an elevator/coffee machine,
    now implement it's behavior using the following
    calls for controlling the hardware, and getting
    user events (button presses) from this callback" ).

    > I'm relatively new, so I'm wondering how complex these might be to
    > implement?

    Any kind of topic can be turned into a more or less complex problem.

    Try looking within the following for ideas:
    http://acm.uva.es/problemset/ (home)
    or: http://acm.uva.es/cgi-bin/OnlineJudge?Volume:1 (e.g.)

    Of course, you probably want to pick a problem that does not
    require too much domain-specific knowledge, and in which
    proper use of OOD or the STL will help.

    > Also, other ideas are welcome.

    I hope this helps.

    Cheers,
    Ivan

    Ivan Vecerina, Dec 23, 2004
  4. The ACM link is great - I've got enough ideas to get started now :) Thanks!!

    Charulatha Kalluri, Dec 23, 2004