Ideas for program

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by George Ogata, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. George Ogata

    George Ogata Guest

    "Gene Tani" <> writes:

    > Jesse Mc wrote:
    >> I've just recently learned how to work with the ruby language and so
    >> i've been trying to make a little dice rolling program. I was wanting
    >> to make it to where you could roll several different dice like d20, 10,
    >> 6,ect. I was just wondering how you would go about doing it.
    >>
    >> --

    > games're popular at ruby quiz
    >
    > http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz19.html

    Did you mean?:

    http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz61.html

    Jesse Mc, Mar 10, 2006

  3. George Ogata

    Gene Tani Guest

    Gene Tani, Mar 10, 2006
  4. On 3/9/06, Jesse Mc <> wrote:
    > I've just recently learned how to work with the ruby language and so
    > i've been trying to make a little dice rolling program. I was wanting
    > to make it to where you could roll several different dice like d20, 10,
    > 6,ect. I was just wondering how you would go about doing it.

    in Gambit, we added a method to Integer
    so you could do stuff like

    3.d(2)

    http://gambit.rubyforge.org/classes/Integer.html

    Also, see the rest of the dice interface for ideas.

    http://gambit.rubyforge.org/classes/Gambit/Tools/Dice.html
    Gregory Brown, Mar 10, 2006